After days of teases and today’s official patch notes show on Twitch, Hi-Rez has released the patch notes for SMITE 4.23: Rally to Rome. This is the biggest balance patch we’ll be seeing between now and the Hi-Rez Expo in January. PonPon answered a question proposed by professional player Ataraxia on Twitter, saying that patch 4.24 will be playable at SMITE’s biggest tournament but “4.23 will have the bulk of final changes for Worlds.”
But before we get to balance, let’s take a look at the skins to be included with patch 4.23. It’s the Roman pantheon’s turn to get their Odyssey skins, and if you’re a fan of mastery skins, this is a huge update with three characters receiving new mastery skins or updated mastery skins.
Three new exclusive skins are available through the Odyssey. Defiant Bellona and Badlands Vulcan will become available for purchase, and they’ll be 20% off at 400 gems instead of their regular 500 until patch 4.24 launches. Lastly, we’ve got Order and Chaos Hel, which is the collection reward for earning 73,500 Odyssey Points. Also available as part of the Odyssey is a Salty Global Emote (used to express how salty you are about your current game, of course!).
Newest goddess Discordia (added in patch 4.22) is receiving her mastery skins. Since Hel and Vulcan are both receiving new skins in patch 4.23, this has given Hi-Rez a chance to update both their mastery skin sets.
On the balance side of things, Hi-Rez is looking to bring Hunters and Warriors down and let Mages and Assassins back into the meta. Instead of radical changes, you’ll notice smaller changes to a number of items that have been staples of the current meta.
Jade Emperor’s Crown Nerf
- Reduced Physical Protection from 60 to 50.
Gladiator’s Shield Nerf
- Reduced Physical Protection from 35 to 30.
The Executioner Nerf
- Reduced Physical Power from 35 to 30.
Devourer’s Gauntlet Nerf
- Increased Cost from 2000 to 2100.
- Increased Bonus Basic Attack Damage from 30% to 40%.
- Reduced Cost from 2450 to 2350.
- Fixed an issue where this ability went further than the targeter suggested (~73 range rather than the intended 65 range).
- Increased range of this ability from 65 to 70.
- Increased range of this ability from 70 to 75.
- Increased Physical Power buff from catching the Echo from 10/15/20/25/30 to 20/25/30/35/40.
- Reduced Magical Power scaling from 70% to 60%.
- Increased Cooldown from 15s to 16s.
- Changed Attack Speed buff from 10/20/30/40/50% to 15/20/25/30/35%.
- Increased Base Movement Speed from 350 to 355.
- Increased Base Damage from 10/15/20/25/30 to 15/20/25/30/35.
- Increased Base Damage from 60/100/140/180/220 to 70/120/170/220/270.
- Increased Magical Power from 40% to 55%.
- Reduced Mana Cost from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80.
- Increased Base Damage from 60/75/90/105/120 to 80/105/130/155/180.
Lastly, there is a pretty funny change for Vulcan, and one that I find relatable. Hi-Rez is adjusting the sound effect of Vulcan’s ult for allies, making it “less scary.”
If the patch follows the usual schedule, it should give live on Tuesday, December 5th. However, the last two patches have released a day early on Monday, so who knows? Xbox and PS4’s release date for SMITE patch 4.23 should follow a week after.
Update: A game mode level requirement change has also been announced for SMITE 4.23.Follow @SMITEScrub