Hi-Rez isn’t messing around with SMITE Season 5. After just launching the brand-new Conquest map and overhauling the item system, they’re not taking it easy with patch 5.2, which has just been announced with an anime horde Adventure and the end of the Ragnarok event. There are a couple balance adjustments too.
New anime Adventure
Adventures, which were a popular way to play SMITE without having to play SMITE, are returning from Season 4. Last year, players had the change to play Capture the Flag, two RPG modes, a racing game and a spin-off of Arena. Da Ji and the Legend of the Foxes, coming in patch 5.2, will be a horde mode with a totally new visual anime style. Players will fend off waves of enemies to earn points and win games to earn “fox points,” which can be used to collect three special Ratatoskr skins. If all three skins are collected, a bonus Final Fusion Ratatoskr skin will be unlocked.
The bundle costs 900 gems (it will go up to 1,000 once a new Adventure hits SMITE) and includes:
- Senpai Da Ji Skin
- Fox Avatar
- Loading Screen Skin
- Music Theme
- 2x Fox Points
- Gold Key
Legend of the Foxes will last from patch 5.2 to patch 5.4. Marvelous Maid Amaterasu and DJ Ohm Ganesha will be the first two skins added to the Golden Vault and will require Golden Keys from Adventure bundles to unlock.
Ragnarok event’s third installment
Also continuing is the Ragnarok event, which will have its final bundle added with patch 5.2 In addition to two more skins, which will be purchasable through the Gold Fury bundle, the Limited Ragnarok Hades skin will be available for anyone who purchased all three bundles.
- Oblivion Hound Cerberus
- Oblivion Queen Discordia
- Cutesy Cerberus Avatar
- Skull Stamp Jump Stamp
- Molten Key
- Exclusive Playmaker Ne Zha
- Hades Mastery Skins updated
- Cerberus Mastery Skins added
Hi-Rez has buffed multiple gods they believe were hit hardest by the Season 5 balance changes. Ares struggles with wave clear and pressure; Neith’s abilities aren’t as potent as Season 4; Thor isn’t being picked as much as other junglers; and Vulcan was hit hardest by the Rod of Tahuti nerf, according to Hi-Rez.
- Increased Minion Damage from 50/70/90/110/130 to 70/90/110/130/150
- Decreased Mana from 60/65/70/75/80 to 40/45/50/55/60
- Increased Base Power from 35 to 38
- Increased Base Power per level from 2.3 to 2.5
- Decreased Cooldown from 13s to 11s
- Increased Magical Power Scaling from 70% to 80%
The item changes seem more geared at items that were also powerful in Season 4. It looks like Hi-Rez will be waiting to address the mage lifesteal tree, which has proven to be quite potent in Season 5.
- Decreased Physical Power from 50 to 40
- Increased Cost from 2100 to 2300
- Decreased Physical Penetration from 15 to 10
- Decrease stacks from 10 to 5
- Increase MS per stack from 1 to 2
- Increase AS per stack from 1 to 2
- Increase MP5 per stack from 5 to 10
- Increased Physical Protection from 30 to 40
- Decrease Cost from 2300 to 2200g
- Increase Attack Speed from 25% to 30%
The patch will be live for PC on February 13. Presumably, consoles will follow the week after on February 20.Follow @SMITEScrub