SMITE’s 5.7 patch notes have been officially released. Compared to patch 5.6, which brought the Inner Demon Arena Adventure mode, patch 5.7 is small in size. There are six skins including a new bundle, a ranked reset since the first split will have just ended, and quite a few balance changes.
Hi-Rez is continuing the DJ theme skins of which SMITE has had an influx lately — Basscannon Neith, DJ Ohm Ganesha — with Ravin’ Ravana. The bundle trend is also continuing, and the skin can be purchased in the Raver bundle, which also includes the Raver Announcer Pack and Drop the Beat Avatar. In the patch notes, Ravin’ Ravana is not labeled as exclusive or limited.
Other skins and mastery skin update
Other skins being added with this patch include Celestial Guard Odin (limited), Plushie Artio (exclusive), Sun.God Ra (exclusive) and Mixer Skadi (exclusive). Odin has had his mastery skins updated.
Ranked reset: Spring Split ending
The first split, or the Spring Split, is ending in SMITE. Of course, it goes without saying that players will need to finish up the requirements for the Spring Split rewards before patch 5.7 hits, presumably on April 24 for PC and the week after for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The split-specific rewards are as follows:
- Qualify for Ranked (Play 10 games): Enigma Chest Roll
- Win 25 Games: Global Emote
Players still have until the end of Season 5 to finish the full season rewards. Season 4 rewards included the Pale Raven Morrigan skin and an accompany loading screen. Season 5’s are the same requirements (albeit the skin and frame will be different).
- Win 75 Games: Limited God Skin
- Win 150 Games: Limited Loading Frame
Moving into the second split, players’ ranks will be soft reset. Hi-Rez has also made adjustments so that players will not be placed so dramatically below their rank in some cases:
We have also made some adjustments for this split with where we place players after qualifying. Previously, we would place someone quite a bit lower than our estimated MMR (Matchmaking Division) for them, giving them room to prove themselves. After reviewing where players qualify to and how they are spread around all the ranks, we are reducing how much lower we place players. This means players will qualify much closer to our estimated MMR and will qualify higher than in previous splits.
Death mark nerf
Death marks, which have been a subject of controversy since their initial reveal in SMITE patch 5.6, have had their duration reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds. Whether or not those opposed to death marks will find this a sufficient change remains to be seen.
Inner Demon Arena balance changes
The new Adventure mode, Inner Demon Arena, has had balance changes. Presently, titans in the mode are about as threatening as a wet paper bag, so Hi-Rez has upped titans’ health by 1,000. Dying will also yield more of a penalty; respawn times have been doubled.
- Increased Inner Demon Arena Titan Base HP from 1500 to 2500
- Decreased Inner Demon Arena Base Respawn time from 20s to 10s
Recommended build updates
Many recommended Item Profiles have been updated. This Includes Thor, Ymir, Guan Yu, Neith, Ra, Mercury, Hunbatz, Nemesis, Osiris, Erlang Shen, Bellona.
- Fixed an issue with Sylvannus where the CC immunity duration was different on different ranks of his ultimate ability.
- Fixed an issue where Thanatos could get into a state where he can’t attack Jungle Camps.
- Fixed an issue where Ao Kuang’s ultimate would not work properly if he consumed multiple potions while firing it.
- Fixed an issue where enemies could jump over Geb’s Shockwave to avoid damage.
- Fixed an issue where Hachiman’s Heavenly Banner ability could hit areas outside the targeted area.
- Fixed an issue where Rama’s Astral Arrows self buff could apply item effects that trigger off of abilities. Basic attack self buffs do not trigger “ability” item passives.
- CONSOLE – Fixed some of the circumstances where players could not be able to accept match queue pops.
Hi-Rez’s transparency about items going into chests is welcome, and we’re glad to see the trend continue in the patch notes.
Awesome Chest additions
Two skins have been added to the Awesome Chest, both from the Ragnarok event bundles.
- Fiendish Flight Jing Wei
- Fiendish Rage Cu Chulainn
Godlike Chest additions
The Godlike Chest, which can be received after players open 20 Winner’s and Triumphant Chests awarded for winning matches, has had three additions in patch 5.7.
- Freaki Tiki Ah Puch
- Gemini Agni
- Natures Guardian Rama
Fantasy Points Store additions and removals
The skins in the FP store will be rotating. This means that The King Bacchus, Solstice Hel and The Marksman Rama will be leaving the store, so buy them before the patch hits if you want them.
- Lunar Tango Chang’e (7,000 FP)
- Earl Wubert St. Kongfrey Sun Wukong (7,000 FP)
- Ordo Solarus Amaterasu (3,500 FP)
New, non-skin cosmetics
There are new cosmetics that are not skins that will be added with patch 5.7.
- Mixer Ward Skin
- Mixer Avatar
- Drop the Beat Avatar
- Ultra Energy Loading Skin
- Kawaii Recall Skin
- Kawaii Kitten Jump Stamp
- Emoji In Fountain FX
- Peace Global Emote
New announcer packs
- Ganesha Announcer Pack
- Raver Announcer Pack
New music themes
- Bollywood Music Theme
He Bo and Sobek voice packs
There is also at least one change unlisted in the patch notes that we know about: HiRezTina said on Twitter that Sobek and He Bo would finally be getting their voice packs finished. To read more about that, see the article here.
With item and god changes heading into the second split of ranked, hopefully this split brings a new set of popular picks and bans. The Crusher, one of Season 5’s most dominant items, will see nerfs as well as popular picks like Janus, Ullr and Da Ji.
Item balance changes
Talisman of Energy Buff
- Increased Magical Protection from 50 to 60
Mace Nerf (builds into Brawler’s Beat Stick, Jotunn’s Wrath, The Crusher and Titan’s Bane)
- Increased cost from 650 to 700
- Heavy Mace and Warriors Bane have been adjusted to keep the same cost
The Crusher Nerf
- Increased Cost from 2300 to 2400
- Passive Base Damage per tick reduced from 15 to 10
Magi’s Cloak Nerf
Sure this affects Conquest, but the Magi’s Cloak nerf is also a secret Inner Demon Arena balance change.
- Increased Cost from 2050 to 2150
- Decreased Health from 350 to 300
God balance changes
Da Ji Nerf
- Increased Cooldown from 7s to 9s
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling from 100% to 85%
- Updated description and tooltip to be more accurate
- Decreased Vampirism Buff from 5% to 3%
- Decreased Heal per Hit from 15/25/35/45/55 to 10/20/30/40/50
Bat out of Hell
- Decreased Damage per hit from 120/165/210/255/300 to 100/145/190/235/280
Bladed Arrow/Thrown Axe
- Decreased Thrown Axe Physical Power Scaling from 70% to 65%
- Decreased Thrown Axe Base Damage from 60/90/110/150/180 to 10 off all ranks
Hail of Arrows/Glory Bound
- Decreased Hail of Arrows Physical Power Scaling from 110% to 100%
- Increased Cooldown from 8s to 10s
- Decreased Bonus damage from 20% to 15%
- Decreased Duration of the deployable from 3/4/5/6/7s to 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s
- Changed Cooldown from 15/14/13/12/11s to 12s at all ranks
- No longer consumes Blight
- This ability will still detonate and heal Hades if the target had Blight applied
- Decreased Cooldown from 15/14/13/12/11 to 11s at all ranks
- Decreased Tide cost from 30 to 20
Release the Kraken
- Decreased Tide cost from 50 to 30
Belch of the Gods
- Increased Damage from 20/35/50/65/80 to 25/40/55/70/85
- Healing Reduction is now applied when Bacchus is at any level of his Drunk-O-Meter
- Increased duration of healing reduction from 3s to 4s
The PTS is up now for SMITE patch 5.7. The expected release date for the patch to hit the live client is Tuesday, April 24 on PC. Consoles should follow the week after, but Hi-Rez will let players know of the exact date closer to the expected release.Follow @SMITEScrub