Divine Uprising is SMITE’s latest event. Some of us on the site were a bit confused about how exactly the new event works with all the chests, quests, free gems and collection rewards going on — it doesn’t help that Hi-Rez has made several adjustments since the original 5.8 patch notes reveal — so we thought you might be too. So, here we go…
The major focus of the event are pantheon chests. There are three, one for each new pantheon that Hi-Rez will reveal during the event (Slavic Chest, Voodoo Chest and Polynesian Chest). New items are added to each Pantheon Chest, which means you cannot directly choose the items you want and instead have to roll for them. The chests are ‘pick three,’ meaning the chest will show you three options, and you can choose which one you want. Of course, this does matter if you are a big spender who plans to buy every item, but for players who only want a few items, this is unfortunate. Chest rolls are 300 gems.
However, only three items were added to the Slavic Chest with patch 5.8 — Fat Loki Cabrakan, Northern Ranger Hachiman and the Slavic Bundle (Slavic Loading Frame, Fountain Skin and Music Theme), meaning right now you can get the item you want guaranteed even though you technically have to roll the Slavic Chest. But as more items are added with each patch, increasing the amount of items in the pantheon chest to more than three, your chance of getting the item you want will be reduced. Items will also be available for direct purchase (once there are more than three items in the chest) but will cost more than the chest rolls.
There is a collection reward for each pantheon chest (nine items per chest) as well as collecting every item in the entire event (27 items total). The individual pantheon chest collection bonus gives an exclusive skin for the first god to be added to the pantheon, and the ultimate collection bonus is a limited, Tier 5 Bellona skin.
- Collect all nine items in the Slavic Chest: Galactic Void Chernobog
- Collect all nine items in the Voodoo Chest: Half-Life Baron Samedi
- Collect all nine items in the Polynesian Chest: Heatsink Pele
- Collect all 27 items in the entire Divine Uprising event: Divine Dragon Bellona
Your first chest roll of each pantheon chest gives you a coupon for 50% off the next pantheon chest roll. With chest rolls being 300 gems, and there being three pantheons, savings amount to 150 gems times three or 450 gems total.
Event quests and gems
From the in-game description:
3 quests are available for the beginning of each pantheon. These will be automatically assigned to you as you start the event. Completing all 3 quests will grant 100 gems. One pantheon chapter will grant you 300 gems upon completion of all 9 quests, and you can claim 900 gems in total across the event.
Full list of skins and content to be released in Divine Uprising chests (this article will be updated with the card art as it is made available)
- Fat Loki Cabrakan Skin
- Northern Ranger Hachiman Skin
- Slavic Bundle 1 (Slavic Loading Frame, Music Theme and Fountain Skin)
- Dragon’s Light Sobek Skin
- Soothsayer The Morrigan Skin
- Dragon Queen Scylla Skin
- Polar Vortex Kukulkan Skin
- Violet Lord Thor Skin
- Slavic Bundle 2 (Slavic Pedestal, Recall Skin and Announcer Pack)
- Evil Spirits Bacchus Skin
- Plague Lord Hades Skin
- Voodoo Bundle 1 (Voodoo Loading Frame, Global Emote and Recall Skin)
- Baroness Izanami Skin
- Shadowfox Da Ji Skin
- Shadow Spirit Ah Puch Skin
- Hellscape Cernunnos Skin
- Nightbane Jing Wei Skin
- Voodoo Bundle 2 (Voodoo Pedestal, Death Mark and Announcer Pack)
- Molten He Bo Skin
- Mystic Guardian Athena Skin
- Polynesian Bundle 1 (Polynesian Loading Frame, Music Theme and Avatar)
- Riptide Poseidon Skin
- Sunny Chibi Amaterasu Skin
- Shadow Claw Bastet Skin
- Admiral Ao Kuang Skin
- Titanium Tracker Xbalanque Skin
- Polynesian Bundle 2 (Polynesian Loading Screen, Pedestal and Recall Skin)
Divine Uprising spans eight patches, so if you’re interested in one of these skins way down the line, you have a while to wait. We’ll keep updating the article throughout the event as the card art is released for the skins, so keep checking back to see if you missed anything.Follow @SMITEScrub