Another Friday update show, another patch notes release.
Patch 5.18, the next patch destined for Titan Forge Studios’ SMITE, is better known to players as “the patch before Hera releases.” That said, patch 5.18: Change & Choices still has quality-of-life changes SMITE fans have been begging for for ages, balance changes, and of course, the next batch of Odyssey skins.
New Hera’s Odyssey items
Oni Chernobog, Mystic Enchantress Nu Wa and Revenge Tech Nemesis will be added to the Odyssey as direct purchase items. Battleworn Achilles will be added as a purchase reward, which requires 25 Odyssey Points. Lastly, the Lo-Fi Hip Hop Music Theme will also be added as a purchasable item.
Other new skins
- Pixel Lancer Skadi (exclusive)
- Headless Norseman Loki (exclusive)
Project Olympus quality-of-life changes
The name Project Olympus is probably long forgotten, but it was a Hi-Rez initiative that promised to make “key changes to [SMITE] gameplay, user interface, and overall progression and combined them into one massive overhaul.” Updates related to Project Olympus occasionally pop up in patches.
In patch 5.18, players will be able to choose which options they’d like to show up when selecting the random option for announcer packs, loading frames, death stamps and more. The feature has been requested for a while, but the demand reached an all-time high when the International Announcer Pack was given free with commentators in five different languages, and players with random selected would regularly get announcers they couldn’t understand.
There are a few updates exclusively for console players, too. Starting with patch 5.18, it will take more than one button to decline a queue to prevent accidental declines. The art in the god selection screen has also been updated.
There is only one chest addition. Primal Storm Susano will be added to the Awesome Chest.
Patch 5.18 Fantasy Points Store rotation
- Child’s Play Scylla
- Skaliwag Kali
- Volcanic Agni
General bug fixes
There are a few general bug fixes, as well as a friendly reminder about how often commendations reset.
- Players should no longer see “Reconnect” screens before logging in [Author’s note: This was announced earlier and fixed in the patch 5.17 hot fix from September 19]
- Fixed issues where players in Parties would not be able to use lobby chat or role calling
- Adjusted PTS matchmaking parameters to increase player’s chances of getting into a match on PTS only
- Player settings and Keybinds should no longer be reset on patch update
- Players should now receive more Commendation Points for longer matches
- Reminder – Commendation Rewards reset every month (2 patches)
Item bug fixes
- This item is now available for purchase on Assault
God bug fixes
- Lowered the volume on Plague of Locusts on Cosmic Power Anubis
- Raised the volume for one of the jokes for Cosmic Power Anubis
- Fixed crash issue with Venus skin and have re-enabled the skin
- Fixed issues with the animations on Winner’s Circle Apollo
- Fixed an issue where he could do unintended amounts of damage if Khepri revived him while firing Life of the Party
- Fixed an issue where the Mana cost of this ability was not matching the description.
- Players should no longer get stuck on top of Ganesha pillars
- Lowered the volume on Throw Back for General Nosseris
- Fixed Chef Vulcan intro audio continuing to play while muted
Item balance changes
Berserker’s Shield Nerf
- Decreased Attack Speed from 15% to 10%
Messenger’s Mask Nerf
- Decreased Magical Power from 30 to 20
Bumba’s Mask Nerf
- Decreased Cooldown Reduction from 20% to 10%
Heartseeker Change (Buff?)
- If an instant aoe ability hits multiple targets, this effect will now trigger on the lowest health target in the area.
Mage’s Blessing Buff/Nerf
- Decreased Bonus Ability Damage from 25 to 10
- Added 20 Magical Power
- Added 10 Physical Power
God balance changes
Baron Samedi Nerf
- Increased Cooldown from 12s to 14s
- This ability no longer triggers his passive on every basic attack. His passive will now continue to function normally during the effects of this ability.
Erlang Shen Passive Adjustment
Howling Celestial Dog
- Erlang Shen’s dog no longer trigger on hit item passives or a portion of Erlang Shen’s damage.
- Each time Erlang Shen’s dog hits a target they will take 2% of the Maximum HP as damage.
Freya Visual Effects Update
- Updated the visual FX to show when her next ability will detonate.
- Updated the visual FX that show when her ability is toggled on.
- Now deals an extra 60% increased damage on the first time a target passes over the threshold.
- Decreased damage per tick from 95/135/175/215/255 to 90/130/170/210/250.
- Increased Shield Healing from 60/70/80/90/100% of damage received to 80/85/90/95/100%
Pele Nerf/Ult Change (Buff?)
- Cooldown increased from 13s to 14s
- Decreased Inner Damage from 85/130/175/220/265 to 80/125/170/215/260
- Decreased Outer Damage from 80/120/160/200/240 to 60/100/140/180/220
- The ability damage from cone attacks now proc off of basic attacks.
- This means that if Pele is disarmed, she cannot get the cone attacks off. If an enemy has block stacks, the basic attacks get blocked but the cones do not.
- Increased Cooldown from 12s to 14s
- Increased Stun Duration from .8/1/1.2/1.4/1.6 to 1/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6s
PTS and release date
Patch 5.18: Change & Choices is live on SMITE’s public test server now. The expected release date for the patch is the week of October 1.Follow @SMITEScrub