SMITE’s 5.20 patch notes have been released. The update is called A Necessary Darkness.
The patch continues the Odyssey event and fixes bugs. What it doesn’t do, however is adjust any balance — SMITE developer Titan Forge wants to keep the game consistent as the SMITE World Championship draws near.
There are three new Odyssey skins and four skins for the 2019 Digital Loot Pack. The Digital Loot Pack releases every year in conjunction with the SMITE World Championships.
- Fiend Hunter Artio (exclusive, Odyssey)
- Moonlit Scout Neith (exclusive, Odyssey)
- Dragon Doggo Kukulkan (exclusive, Odyssey, collection reward)
- Convention 2019 Cerberus (exclusive, Digital Loot Pack)
- Terra.Byte Terra (limited, Digital Loot Pack)
- The Hunter Hou Yi (limited, Digital Loot Pack)
- Phoenix Ra (exclusive, Digital Loot Pack)
- Moonlit Scout
- Startled Peacock Global Emote
- Hera’s Companion Recall Skin
- Chernobog Announcer Pack
- 8-Bit Music Theme
- Shooting Stars Fountain FX
- Magic 8 Ball Jump Stamp
Season 5 HRX Digital Loot Pack Details
- Convention 2019 Cerberus
- Terra.byte Terra
- The Hunter Hou Yi
- Phoenix Ra
- Phoenix Fire Fountain FX
- SWC Phoenix Fire Jump Stamp
- SWC Rockin’ Announcer pack
- Dark Wave Music Theme
- Aggro Announcer Pack
- Taco Announcer Pack
- 750 Fantasy Points
- Divine Chest Roll
Project Olympus update
- Escape Menu has been update artistically and functionally
- Midnight Raven Isis
5.20 Fantasy Points Store rotation
- All for One Freya
- Harajuku Neith
- Stargazer Anubis
General bug fixes
- Fixed Relics in local matches cooldown timers continuing after pausing match
- Fixed the Bull Demon King in Joust not using line attack
- Fixed an issue where spectating matches back to back could crash the game
- Fixed an issue where rewinding while spectating could crash the game
Skin bug fixes
- Fixed Chernobog Oni incorrectly having ‘Special 2’ emote in VGS menu
- Fixed Evil Spirits Bacchus having no audio for his Taunts and Jokes while drunk
- Fixed Cutting Edge Ullr Victory screen showing default weapons in the background
- Fixed Cutting Edge Ullr’s directed taunt towards Hou Yi
- Fixed Shonen Spark Mercury abilities ‘Made You Look’ and ‘Special Delivery’ voice lines playing multiple times
- Fixed swapped voice lines for Shonen Spark Mercury VGS lines VT2 and VT3
- Fixed Warlord Kumbhakarna’s Special Emote not continuing to loop
UI bug fixes
- Fixed missing Clan icon when purchasing items in the Clan Store
- Fixed Custom Draft Joust games only having 3 bans instead of 4
- Fixed some players missing parts of their Ranked History tabs in their Profile page
- Fixed Rage and Iron Tyrant Loading Frames displaying the wrong Ranked Icons
- Fixed Ranked enemy team’s bank time changing to an incorrect value when reaching the pick phase
Console bug fixes
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to join parties if they left the game console idle for a long period of time
- Fixed ‘Owned’ text not displaying centered in Store
- Fixed Xbox crash when 4+ accounts were logged in at the same time
- Fixed video player showing a pink screen instead of the intended video
- Fixed text of contents in bundles appearing cut off
Gods bug fixes
- Fixed an issue where Amaterasu’s ultimate would appear to play more than 3 times in a single fire
- Fixed an issue where Hera’s ultimate could go on cooldown without summoning Argus if she was interrupted at a specific time
- Fixed an issue where her ability 1 visuals would sometimes play more times than intended on a single fire
- Fixed missing Hera God description in the About section
- Fixed an issue where his ultimate animation would appear to play more than once when fired
- Fixed Serqet Ultimate description showing incorrect damage values. Her damage was not changed.
- Fixed an issue where players could experience framerate issues while playing this god
As alluded to above, there are no item balance changes because of Worlds being so close.
“5.20 is the patch that HRX competition games will be played on,” said Titan Forge. “We want to allow sufficient practice time for all pros to practice in the current meta. Some will be doing much more traveling than others.
Hera is the only god being changed balance-wise because she will not be added to competitive in time for Worlds.
- Damage from Royal Assault and Polymorph also reduces the cooldown of Divine Shroud by 0.33s
- Increased base damage from 75/120/165/210/255 to 80/130/180/230/280
- Polymorphed enemies are now Slowed by 20%
- Fixed the in game description to accurately state how much shielding Hera receives
- Increased Shield Health from 40/80/120/160/200 + 15 Per level to 50/100/150/200/250 + 20 Per Level. (Maximum increased from 500 HP to 600 HP)
Argus, The Defender
- Increased deploy range from 55 to 65 units.
- Increased maximum leash range from 85 to 125.
- Increased Protections gained from 15/20/25/30/35 Physical Protections and 15 Magical Protections to 25/30/35/40/45 of both Protections.
- Increased Argus’ Health from 700/1275/1850/2425/3000 to 700/1400/2100/2800/3500 Health.
- Increased Crash Landing Damage scaling from 35% to 55% Magical Power.
- Argus Attack – Increased targeter range from 65 units to 80 units.
- Argus 2nd Attack in Hit Chain
- Reduced self movement penalty on Argus’s Ground Slam windup from 50% to 35%.
- Increase Slow duration from 1s to 1.5s.
PTS and release date
According to SMITE’s Twitter account, the PTS will not make it live for the weekend beginning Oct. 19. The patch is expected to hit live servers the week of Oct. 29.Follow @SMITEScrub